Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday troubles

Today was the third day that we have come home to an empty crate. Since Hunter is now deaf, I am having to go upstairs and wake him up from the couch to come down. I found some rugs at IKEA for 1.99. I bought three, and it looks like I will need to get more soon! I have no clue how he pulls the door in.
The boys wanted to do some coloring this afternoon. They have been doing a great job so I decided to get dinner started. A few minutes after I had everything in a big mess, I notice this. His teeth and tongue are actually blue. And it looks like we are going to need some heavy duty cleaner for the table. Those washable markers are not washing off.
The boys were playing very well together, so I decided to steam some carrots. After I steamed, them I decided to puree them for our taco meat and then some carrot muffins. I cooked for an hour. When it was time to eat the tacos, Lincoln would have nothing to do with them. I had to bribe Ethan to finish. I told Ethan that he could have a muffin for dessert. I noticed that the muffins looked weird. I have made these so many times. I knew something was wrong. I thought and thought and realized I forgot the baking soda and powder. They were tossed quickly!
What a disaster of an afternoon!

2 comments:

Arewewarmyet? said...

Magic erasers work great for "washable markers." Take it from me...I know. I've washed marker off of every conceivable surface in the last five years.

Unknown said...

Hey, don't even know where to start with those two posts! You can also try the blue scotch sponges that have a soft side and an abrasive side. Spray fantastic, let it sit a couple minutes and use the abrasive side to wipe up. That is what I do on our white art table ALL THE TIME! The rest of the blog....well....welcome to the life of a mama with a 4 year old and does Mar know about strawberry?