Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good Intentions

When I walked into my morning class today, my teacher friend told one of the kids to bring this truck to me. I noticed he was devastated that he couldn't play with it. I looked at my friend and she said, "Take it home to your kids." Their theme for the week was transporation, and she brought it in for the kids to play with. Her good intention turned into mass chaos. Everyone wanted it! A few fights had to be broken up over it. I gave it to Ethan in the car on the way home. He smiled and said, "This is the most wonderful gift, Mommy." (butt-kisser)

We weren't in the house a full minute before I hear, "Mine, MINE, mine, MINE, mine....." over and over and over! I tried distracting. We took turns. I gave him the little car inside the truck. I gave him the big truck. I tried everything. Ethan was so patient! Finally, a little light clicked in Ethan's head. He decided to distract Lincoln with his Mickey Mouse video game. It worked, but not the way Ethan planned. Ethan got distracted with the game and played for a while. Lincoln finally had the toy to himself. He actually learned how to get the two little doors open and push another car through it by himself. Once he started doing this, Ethan came over to see what was happening...then it started all over!
She had good intentions......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, you can tell you are near the East Coast if you have a Hess Truck in your house! Man...those were the things when we were growing up! We loved and I mean loved to play with them!