Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Markets

 We went to Trier for our first Christmas market yesterday.  I played around with the settings on my camera and thought this picture was so pretty.
 We saw a man blowing glass for jewelry.
 There were lots of people.  Lots of people.  I mean LOTS of people.
 We stopped and had a dampfundeln.  It was cake with vanilla sauce and nutella.  DELICIOUS!
 Lincoln has the remnants of the chocolate sauce on his chin!
 We were so disappointed at the lack of Christmas booths.  We really wanted to find a unique to Germany ornament.  This was as close to unique as we came.  We left empty handed.
 This is my third trip to Trier.  I have never seen McDonalds there before.  Maybe I couldn't find it because it was an really old building with a tiny sign in the top window.  
 A few guys were playing carols from the window.  
The city was decorated nicely.  The problem was actually seeing it through the crowds!
Today our village, Erzenhausen, had a small little market.  We stopped and looked around.  

No comments: