Saturday, May 9, 2009

Playing and Picnicing

"Lincoln, say cheese for Mama.""Ethan, smile!"
"Guys, put your drinks down and smile for me."

You would think that the drinking photos happened AFTER the playground...but no! The picnic started with a gulp...a BIG gulp. I warned them SEVERAL times to save some for after they played, but as usual...they didn't listen.
I tried really, really hard to take it easy and stay home today. I couldn't do it! We had a picnic at the playground today. The boys played and played and played together. No fits were thrown when it was time to leave. I thought the trip home would be nice and quiet. (I took them to an awesome park in Maryland-a half hour away) BUT...they didn't have a drink and I couldn't find a gas station before the interstate...so LINK screamed MILK the whole way home! I chose this park because it had a HUGE playground, a carousel, and TRAIN. I thought this would be great...but they only wanted the playground. Neither of them cared about the train or the carousel. You never know!
*For those of you who are curious about Nate's trip...he got in fine. He met a friend who is taking him around Hawaii today and to a Luau tonight. He took my backup camera and told me he would upload some pictures to snapfish tonight. He was really feeling guilty about going. I tried to tell him I wouldn't be guilty one bit! I think actually being there has helped with the guilt!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe Nate is in Hawaii without you! What is he doing there and why aren't you there for a little bit of it! Oh, and the kiddos look super cute too:)