Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Expect the unexpected.

After ten seasons of watching Big Brother, I know to expect the unexpected! I really, really, really do, but it seems this week, with Nate gone, the unexpected is kicking my butt! Hunter is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Day one, two, three, and four he peed on the floor. Day one and two, he got into the trash. Yesterday he got into the pantry. This morning, I checked and double checked the trash, the gates, and the pantry. We came home and he was perfect!!! We left for swimming lessons and I forgot to shut the upstairs gate. TRASH and dirty DIAPERS....everywhere! UGHHHHHH.....just when I thought today was the day!!

This is the cut on Ethan's head from Sunday night. Another example of expecting the unexpected. I did get to work on time today! HURRAH! I had to lay some guilt on Ethan. I told him I was late yesterday and they had snack without me at school. When we were in the car on the way to school (after praising them for hurrying), Ethan says, "Mom...now you won't miss anything today!"
As my Granny says, (in her southern accent) "I haven't seen a Daddy do as much as Nate." BOY IS THAT THE TRUTH!!! We sure do miss him!

No comments: