Sunday, August 9, 2009

Philly

The last time Nate, Marilyn, and I were in Philly, I was in my first trimester with Ethan. I was sick and don't really remember much of the trip. I definitely don't remember Betsy Ross' house....but mainly because it was closed the day we went. We finally made it yesterday.When we went five years ago, we went in March and there were virtually no tourists. We were able to walk up and tour everything. Yesterday, we learned that was not the case in August. We went to get tickets to tour Independence Hall at 9:30 and the tickets were gone until 4:30. So, we headed over to see the Liberty Bell.
We decided to walk around the streets and see what we see. I can't tell you how many times Nate asked me if I remembered "that house" or "that garden." I sadly didn't remember any of it. We stopped at Washington Square to let the boys walk around and to see the eternal flame. There was a lady telling stories sitting on a bench, so we stopped while she told the boys a story.
We headed back to the hotel to let the boys "nap." HAHA!!! Then we drove back to Independence Hall. The boys were very good during the tour. Our tour guide was very animated. We accidentally parked in a handicapped metered spot and got a HUGE ticket. I think the rest of the night was a downer. This morning we headed to the Rocky statue and steps before heading home.
Nate ran all the way to the top carrying Lincoln. I think that's pretty good.
Before we left Philly, we learned that our GPS took us a CRAZY way on our way there. We plugged HOME into the GPS and headed home. It was taking us out of the way again, so we went 95 anyway. It saved us 45 minutes....crazy GPS! I think is our last summer trip. It has been so fun taking the boys on vacation. Life is good!!!

No comments: