Saturday, July 4, 2009

Virginia Beach-Day One

I am going to have to post a few days in a row. Our hotel (which was ten times nicer than our Quality Suites) did not have internet access.
We had a later than expected arrival to the beach, but hey we were on vacation! As my Granny says, "Your on vacation. You can do whatever you want to do." The boys were so excited they could barely eat lunch. We even tried Wendy's, but they wanted to get to the beach. I almost had my bags down before they started reaching for the shovels. They dug a while and then I tried to coax them down to the water. You can see the looks of nervousness on their faces....and in all honesty, I was ok with this!
The only way we could get them back to the hotel for naps was bribery! A good snack usually does the job. Thankfully, they didn't eat well and were hungry from a hard day digging.
We decided to forego the sandy beach that night, so we walked the boardwalk and had dinner. We found Neptune and had to get a photo.
I wanted one family photo from our first night at the beach. I asked a nice lady on a bench to take our photo. If you only knew how much editing I had to do to this photo.....

No comments: