Thursday, November 6, 2008

SCARY!

So, I am at work, so I don't have a picture of the Bink here, but I had to go ahead and post this. Yesterday afternoon, along with a million other afternoons, I picked the boys up happy as can be. We get to the car and the meltdown begins for Lincoln. He cried all afternoon. He would throw himself on the ground and cry for no reason. At one point, Ethan says, "Lincoln, you are going to have to be quiet...I can't hear nothing." When we were putting them to bed, I told Nate that I didn't know what we were going to do. We are putting them to put super early just so that we can all have some sanity. I feel like we have run out of options.
I checked my email and got my weekly baby center update. Read it for yourself:
Is your child a little ray of sunshine at daycare but a thundercloud when you show up on the scene? Try not to get upset by these end-of-day meltdowns. They're signs of true love: Your toddler knows that it's safe to let out all of his pent-up feelings around you. While you may be tempted to run a few errands on your way back to the house, you should probably opt to put those tasks on hold until your child is more at ease. It's a decision that could make your evening a lot more enjoyable.
The bad part is that we don't run errands after work. So, I wish they would have given a little more advice, but at least our kid is not the only one! Only seven and a half more months until summer, right?

1 comment: