Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Boys day out!

I should of known something was up with Ethan last night when he laid his head on Papa and snuggled before bed. When we woke him up to pee at 10:00 he had a fever. He awoke at 5:30 SICK. So, I took one for the team and stayed home with the little boys so that the big boys could do more touristy stuff today. Before they left, I gave them one thing to do---find a spot for our Christmas picture.
We drove them down to the Lincoln Memorial about 9:30 and they stayed out until 4:00. They took their job serious today. They took 235 pictures for my approval. They walked the entire length of the Mall with a few detours along the way. They walked about 6 miles throughout the day.
They even stopped at the Lincoln Memorial and asked a professional photographer where they could get a picture of Lincoln, Washington, and the Capitol. He told them he thought it was taken in a plane or a blimp. I guess we won't be doing that picture.
They left the mall and went to the Old Post Office. Apparently, we walked all around that place yesterday, but never knew it was there. Nate read that you can get the best views of DC from the top.
They ended going over to the Supreme Court.
They must have had a GREAT day. They wouldn't stop talking about everything they did today. There are some amazing pictures out of the 235 pictures, but I HAD to pick the best. I left out the really, really, really good ones that I want for my Christmas picture. Dad laughed and said, "that was the best picture I have ever taken." I told him I would post it for him in January! Be on the lookout. :)

No comments: