Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The timer

My main goal while Nate is gone is to keep my patience as much as possible. I think that the only time I really lose my patience is when we need to be somewhere or get something done in a timely manner. Since I have the most competitive children ever, I bought a timer. I actually bought the timer to keep Ethan's Wii time in check, but he loves it so much I decided to try it out tonight during clean up time. I gave them five minute to get their toys cleaned up and if they accomplished it, they got an extra book each. They loved the challenge and clean up time went great! Now I just have to cross my fingers that this keeps working.

I had my camera upstairs after baths and I told this stinker to show me how he sleeps in the crack. He smiled and went straight to his spot. I don't know how this is comfortable, but he sleeps like this every night. (There is a giant stuffed animal snake on the bed frame where his leg is propped.)

No comments: