Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Adult Time


Last night, Lincoln Harris Leap made a conscience decision to not clean up. Therefore, he had to go straight to bed after baths! No books or puzzles. He then proceeded to throw the biggest hissy fit ever. Twenty minutes into his fit, I went into his room to calm him down and tell him good night. He looked at me and said, "Tomorrow you will be nice to me!"
Tonight, Ethan tore the box on a brand new game because he couldn't wait for help. Then he threw a hissy fit that was so similiar to his brother's hissy fit the previous night. He wouldn't calm down and he had to go straight to bed.
You might wonder why I am telling you these sad stories and why Nate and I have big grins on our faces. Well, the first one is because I truly think that lessons are being learned. Lincoln was so awesome tonight. He cleaned up after being asked to on the first time. Ok, ok, the truth is..... it's more time alone without the kids. We are desperately trying to be positve and enjoy each minute together before Nate leaves AND it's more Wii time for us! HA!!

No comments: