Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snug as bugs

I saw a great post on a blog I read called Half Empty and Half Full. She had a little (or big) gripe and then basically said something she was thankful for. She asked for comments from her readers. I commented today and said that I hated that Nate has to be gone for four months, but I am so lucky to have family and friends that come to help out whenever I need them. This morning started off half empty. I was running about ten minutes late and the kiddos did NOT want to get up. I opened their doors and gave them a few minutes to get rolling while I put on my boots. I didn't hear a peep, so I knew we were going to be even later than we already were. I went into Ethan's room and saw this. Link decided to crawl into Ethan's bed and go back to sleep. It was adorable and help my anxiousness about being late. What's twenty minutes in the grand scheme of things, right? (that's how late we ended.)
Nate sent some pictures finally. He took a self portrait from his room.

He also took a picture of one of their meals. This was steak and shrimp night! He said the food is abundant!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mandee, I read your post on decor8 and i know that must be so hard to have your husband away (at least he's being well fed!) i wish you strength to get through this tough time and i hope you have a nice weekend.