Sunday, March 29, 2009

What a Sunday!


Just when I think that I hate this place....my kids are always sick and my dog is going down hill from the move...we have a day like today! Both boys are on the mend. Ethan actually ate some solid food today. Ethan's teacher at church (who is AMAZING), told me about two bald eagles on the GW parkway. They built their nest right off the Potomac River. So, when I got home, Nate was ready to get outside...and man was it a gorgeous day. We loaded up and found the nest.
A few people told us that they had not seen the eagles in some time. We saw a seagull fly to the nest, so they may be gone for good...but the nest was neat to look at. The trails and scenery were amazing...and to think that the founding fathers were on this trail was overwhelming.
We thought we had some time before naps, so we decided just to drive over and see the Cherry Blossoms. We hope to have a picnic around there soon, but it was such a nice day, we had to go look. On the way, the clouds started forming. The Washington Monument went from bright white to gray in a matter of minutes.
I guess a lot of people had the same idea we did about seeing the Cherry Blossoms. I was still able to get a few pictures from the car. By the time we got back on 395, I noticed this guy....knocked out!
God always gives us just what we can handle...nothing more!

No comments: