Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The coming home ordeal.


Ethan's school is having a book fair this week. So, when I got there this afternoon, I took my checkbook into get him a book. Ethan, his teacher, and I go to the bookfair room when I notice his pants are soaked. I ask him if he has had an accident and he says, yes. We leave his teacher to go change. He has soaked everything down to his socks. When I ask him to take his socks off, he FREAKS. He won't put his feet back in his shoes. He is sooo mad he hits me. After a "discussion" with him, we go back out to his teacher. She and I try to figure out what happens but he doesn't give good answers...I still don't know. When we get to Lincoln's room, I notice he is sitting in his teachers lap softly whining. He perks up when I get him. We all head out to the car. I open the door and ask Ethan to hop in. For some reason, he throws another fit. Again, I still don't know what was happening with that boy today. I got him in with stern words. We leave. We are about a mile from home when I hear major gagging. I look and Lincoln is throwing up EVERYWHERE. It's all over him and the carseat!!! I get home, park in the driveway, and roll the windows down. I know that I HAVE to get Hunter out first or he will pee everywhere. I go up to get him (he can't hear us come home), and almost step in the pee he already left for me. I call him down, get Ethan out, grab a towel and get Lincoln out. I get in the house and remember I forgot Hunter. I set Lincoln down, and go out to get Hunter. He is pooping in the middle of the neighbors front lawn. He finally comes in and I stick Lincoln in the bathtub. I call Ethan in and he throws another fit. After everyone gets a bath, we get in my bed to watch a movie and guess what...the vomiting starts all over again. To end this crazy saga....it's 7:00...I just got the pee cleaned up and Lincoln went to bed semi-happy. He hasn't throw up in about 45 minutes. Cross your fingers it's just a 24 hr. bug.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! where is Nate? How did he manage to escape this one? hang in there!

Anna Haase said...

Oh Mandy! I can totally relate! I hope you all get healthy soon. Keep the bottle of Lysol nearby and spray everything. At one point I thought about drinking it to kill germs.