Friday, October 17, 2008

Sweet as Pumpkin Pie


This morning, my eldest son, did not want to wake up!!! I went in to say hello and hopefully get him rolling. He said in his sweetest voice, "Mom, will you snuggle me for a little bit?". How can anyone resist that! So, I layed down and he held my hand and put his arm around me. A few minutes later, I tried to get up and he put me in a headlock and said, "NO--just a little longer." I pried myself out of his grip and told him we better get moving!
At daycare, he gave me two hugs and a big kiss! When I picked him up, he was not as lovey, but still in a mommy mood. He actually said he didn't want daddy to come home because he was not his best friend. That NEVER happens! Daddy is always his favorite!
The Cerminaros had sent him a b/day gift and it arrived today! They sent a Cordoroy bear for E and Link, three Cordoroy books, and a Cordoroy sticker book. We read each one and did most of the stickers. The last one we read was a Thanksgiving book. On the first page Cordoroy makes a pie. Ethan got the cutest grin on his face and said, "Mom, we should make a Pumpkin Pie." I don't know about you but I could never, ever resist Pumpkin PIE! YUmmy....so after dinner, we made a stop at the grocery store for Pumpkin Pie. It takes an hour to cook and two hours to cool, so we are having it for breakfast! He settled for Reece's for dessert....Daddy's favorite!

No comments: