Monday, October 27, 2008

My toddler: 18 months today!


The BLINKSTER turned 18 months old today! Jenn and Justin have a week and a half old baby. Watch out guys....it passes SO quickly. It's hard to believe 18 months ago we were bringing Link home. Just today Ethan and I were working on teaching him to sign and attempt to say "MY TURN". He just wants to screech and grab. I am having a hard time getting these two to share. They only want what each other has. We are getting there. Ethan and Link played chase for a good five minutes today. They were loving it. I can actually run downstairs for about 60 seconds and know that they will not kill each other. I can call each of them to "come here" now. I can take a shower with them both locked in the bathroom with me now. I can sit on the couch and read a chapter while they play. I can take Hunter out (glass door to watch them). I am beginning to be able to reheat food for dinner. Forget cooking----we are not quite there, yet. One of us usually ends up very frustrated (usually me). They are starting to both clean up. (Ethan has been doing this for a long time!) Lincoln has started sitting with Ethan and I for an entire book. Day by day it's getting easier and easier. Marilyn is coming Wednesday. I can't wait for her to see the difference just from August. Lincoln wasn't quite walking when she left. "He's not a baby anymore...he's a toddler." (Ethan quote) We love you Linky!

No comments: