Thursday, December 25, 2014

Versailles

 We made a last minute decision to go into Versailles this trip.  
 It was a quick 30 minute train ride.  Almost every palace we have visited in Europe says that the design of the palace was based off of the design of Versailles.  
I thought the boys should see the real thing!
 These guys love their audioguides.
 The Hall of Mirrors is spectacular.  
 Everyone takes their pictures at the beginning of the hall.  
Nate noticed how the opposite end was less crowded!
 I thought it was hilarious that Ethan said he wanted to design the castle in Minecraft.
It was refreshing to get out of the crowd and see the gardens.
 When Nate and I were here in 2003, it was so HOT and sunny!  The sand was so bright from the sun that we couldn't keep our eyes open.   We sat near this lion (which was in the shade) while we waited for our tour guide.  It was not the same this day!!  It was so drizzly and nasty.
The fountains were under maintenance.  

 I love Tripadvisor!  I found an amazing TINY restaurant in Versailles.  It held four tables.  Everything was homemade.  It was the best French food we had ever eaten.  We gobbled it down before I remembered to take a picture.
 Nate looked up the hotel we stayed at on our honeymoon.  We went to see if it was still there.  YEP!
We ended the day finding an amazing Indian restaurant near our hotel.  It was the best Indian food I have ever eaten.  We had the best food this day!  As we walked back to our hotel, we noticed this crazy traffic.  I am so glad we did not have to drive in Paris!

No comments: