Sunday, August 14, 2011

Scuppernong

On Thursday, we went to a local Farmer's Market. We found lots of great produce. The boys were reaching and grabbing everything they could. At the last little stand, the boys found "green grapes." Only AFTER purchasing them did we find out that they were muscadines. I wikipedia'd them and found they were actually a type of muscadines called scuppernongs. The boys spit them out and tried to throw them in the trash. I told them NO....let's trick Daddy with them. So, Ethan was super excited to offer them to Daddy.His face says it all! I tried to look up a recipe to do something with them. About the only thing you can is make wine or jam. You need way more than we have to make jam with them and by the pure taste of them I am not sure I would want that jam!

No comments: