Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Grade

Ethan started First Grade, yesterday! I think he has been enjoying it. He hasn't told us a lot about his class. It's all lunch, recess, and the bus. But, I expected this. It's what he did last year!

We've had some bus issues. The bus stop they told us is no longer a stop and so we/he has to walk a half a mile to the stop. This afternoon it was 99 degrees, so I drove to the bus stop to pick him up. The bus was 30 minutes late. I was SOOO glad we drove. Then, tomorrow they are bumping up his pick up time by 15 minutes. I am tempted just to take him and pick him up, but he is loving the bus. I am giving it until Friday to make a decision.
Lincoln and I have begun a new journey, as well. We are both learning how to stay at home. We've done a little bit of Speech therapy each day (YES...my kid has speech issues) and we've done some preschool activities. He's enjoyed the past two days, so far. We'll see if it keeps up!
Tomorrow, is spouses day at Nate's school. He will take E to the bus and then stay home with Link. I have to say it will be nice to have a morning with adults only....even if it is listening to Air Force briefings.

No comments: