Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday lunch

The flowers are blooming. The weather is TRYING to warm up!
My Ethan is getting so much better at taking pictures! No editing was needed on this one!
On one of my girl's night out events, we went to eat at Eatonville in DC. It's cajun/southern food. I really wanted Nate and the boys to try it out. On YELP, it says it is not kid friendly. I thought if we tried lunch/brunch we would be fine. We eat out a lot, and our fellas are pretty good at restaurant manners. We also spent a few minutes in the car talking about how they need to be on their best behavior.
Momma and Daddy were super excited to try our fried chicken, biscuits, mac and cheese, and collard greens!!! The boys were great! They kept it together for quite awhile. AND then.....the check would not come. Our waitress received a HUGE party. We pulled the credit card out. We tried to get her attention. I pulled Link over to my lap. She finally took the card. Then, Link lost it. He hit Nate (I am still not sure why). Nate got onto him and he stomped back over to his seat. On his way, he hit his eye on the edge of the table.
This shiner popped up immediately. He's pretty tough. He cried, but not for long. The black eye is even worse tonight. You know, even though the last five minutes were a pain (literally), the food was totally worth it! I think Link might even agree!
It took us almost 45 minutes to get home! We had to drive right by the Cherry Blossom festival, which started today! We were so thankful we went last week!!

No comments: