Monday, April 5, 2010

2010 White House Easter Egg Roll

We finally made it to the Easter Egg Roll. I feel like it's been weeks that we have been talking about it! We were up at 4:30 this morning getting ready! We made it to the White House at 7:00 am, and sat in line with these pretty people anxiously waiting to get in!
The fellas were not too happy to have to wait in line. I had bad news for them. There were going to be lines all day! It took awhile for them to get over it!There were the nicest people volunteering at the event. It seemed there was always someone near by asking if you wanted your picture taken.
The boys mood took a drastic turn for the better when they saw the football station. Yes, there was a line, but it wasn't too bad. Ethan watched the entire time we were in line to figure out just how to play. He got it down perfectly.
The funniest part was when Lincoln got ready. Three girls came over to help and they screamed and cheered him on. I have to say he was stinking cute today!
There were so many characters walking around. Ethan yelled when he saw Curious George. He ran over as fast as he could for me to get his picture. After I snapped the picture, I realized he was injured and was going to First Aid. I don't think Ethan figured it out though! :)
This was one of my favorite pictures of the day!
We moved over to the Egg Roll station after football. The boys really didn't want to do this. (Because they didn't know what it was). The line was really long, but curved right near the white house. The President and his family waited until the 11:00 group to come out and say hello. I don't blame them for not popping out when we were there....it was EARLY!
We got this close!!
Once they figured out what to do they were super excited!
Here's a little video of it.
Once we finished the egg roll, they asked to do it again.....until I reminded them of the line! :) We walked down the hill and I heard my best friends from Glee singing!! I watched a few minutes and the boys chased each other around a huge old tree....which I can assure you was there when the White House was built!
They wanted to move on to something "fun." So, I said goodbye to my Glee friends and we went to play baseball. This was hilarious! Lincoln wanted to be a big boy and throw the REAL baseball and this poor girl was terrified. She kept trying to give him the soft balls, but he would not have it!
Ethan threw all the balls and did a great job.
The next few stations were an obstacle course, soccer, and golf. The kids loved all the sporty activities.
Linco was fading fast on me. I knew we better end on a high note. So, we went back to football and tried the other side of the field.
Once again, Lincoln was a hit and the girls came to help him again.
The boys ran to the finish line and we were FINISHED! It was great that there was so much activity and movement, but it also wore my kiddos out!! Lincoln wanted me to carry him all the way back to the metro. I may not have to workout all week! HA! We had an amazing time! Next time, we want Daddy to go with us!

1 comment:

Dop37 said...

I can't believe how close you got to the White House. What great memories and your kids are so stinkin' cute!!! They just make me smile!