Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Handbasket

It seems disaster strikes at the thought of Nate leaving us. Hunter has been perfect since Nate has been back. Yesterday he peed on the floor for the fun of it. I think he saw Nate carrying the suitcase out and he started plotting when and where he would leave his wrath.
Yesterday, we had a plumber come look at a leak we had in the garage. Apparently, the AC is on it's last leg. They suggest we get a new one. I don't know anything about ACs. How does one even go about researching this. Our landlady is in Indonesia. She is going to be of no help.
This morning all was well. I showered, had breakfast ready, brought the boys clothes down, and went to get them. Link was moving a little slow, but I thought he was just really tired. For some reason, Tuesdays are harder for us than Mondays. He started eating and then the screaming began. He kept rubbing his neck and saying, "neck hurt." I noticed he couldn't turn it to the left. It progressively got worse. I realized, I was not going to work today.
Ethan had his class cookout today. He started in about 7:30 this morning saying he was going to miss the cookout. Hurry....take me to school. SO, I loaded the boys up and headed to daycare. I dropped E off and then went to the ER (the appt. line couldn't find an appt.) After an hour and half in the ER they suggested Motrin (which I had already given him), and sent us on our way. I had the AC people come back out. Luckily, it's nothing that has to be done today or even this week. I have time to do some research.
Bob and Marsha are coming to get the kids until Sunday. At least if any disaster arises tomorrow, I will have some backup.

1 comment:

Dop37 said...

Mandy! When do you find time to blog! haha. I'm amazed! You certainly have a gift for writing though. I've loved reading up on your life and your boys. Those boys are the cutest kids I have ever seen. Thanks for letting me follow along!
Tracy