Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break

I don't have any pictures to share today. The past few days I have been sick and not in a photographing mood. Lincoln has started the horrible/bad/terrible/nasty cycle that Ethan started around this age----CONSTIPATION. I was sooo hoping that it would skip him, but it hasn't. He has been crying for three days and last night layed on the floor just like Ethan would. He finally went last night in his sleep. This morning he was a new kid. This could not have come at a better time as we are going to be in the car for three hours this afternoon. We are off to see Memaw and Pappy. Ethan has been begging...yes, LITERALLY begging for us to go. We are staying until Monday. I am desperately hoping that Nate and I get some rest this weekend. I don't think it will be hard at all. When Memaw is there, the boys totally forget that they have parents. She is a rock star to them.
On a sick side note...Nate and I have not got a full night sleep in I don't know how long. I think for most parents this is a fact of life, but our kids sleep...I mean REALLY sleep...GOOD! The sickness that has taken over our house has been horrible. The last two nights Ethan has awaken to a sore throat. I know I shouldn't laugh at how he reacts, but it's funny. He comes to our room calm...then once he's in there and knows that we are aware of him...he flails around in circles screaming and then falls on the ground. It seriously made me laugh out loud. Then he calms down and says.."my throat hurts." Really...that's all it is??? Lincoln just wants "MAMA" and he will snuggle. Nate retreats to bed and sleeps. I think I get so overwhelmed and I cry. It's funny how everyone handles being sick so differently. Hopefully, this Spring Break will be relaxing, peaceful, and above all HEALING!!!

No comments: