Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Eat your veggies!


So Ethan is practically a vegetarian. He finishes fruit and veggies before anything else on his plate. The above STINKER-LINKER despises vegetables. I have become a great pureer. I can sneak puree veggies in everything. Tonight I decided to try a trick that worked like a charm on Ethan when he was Link's age.....the M&M bribe. He has started requesting the M&M's by color soooo I thought this would be perfect....hmmmm not so much. I tried asking him to eat a whole green bean for an M&M...NO. I broke it in half and he actually put it in his mouth....but quickly spit it out. By now he's mad and really wants it....so I break it into the tiniest piece EVER. He goes for it...he swallows...SCORE!! He takes three more bites (all for M&M's). The three bites equaled a half of a green bean. I go for a bigger piece. The green mess you see on his lips is the green bean he chewed and spit out. Guess we'll keep trying but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: