Monday, May 19, 2008

two more to go!

TWO MORE WEEKS of school....but only five working days for me! We are leaving Wednesday after work to go to Nate's parents. Nate and I are heading to DC on Thursday morning. We found a townhome in Alexandria that "seems" almost to good to be true. We will look at is Thursday at lunch. It's bigger than our place here, inside the beltway, very close to Alexandria city (where I will work), and the best part is that it backs up to an 85 acre park! It has four playgrounds! Ethan is sooo excited to see MeMaw and Pappy. He told me before bed, "only two more days to MeMaws." I told him we were going to be there for four days and he said, "well maybe we should stay five days." He is always negotiating something!
I know we should of started this sooner, but this week we started brushing Lincoln's teeth. He LOVES it! I have to actually write this down because Ethan never liked it. He still doesn't. Lincoln screams when I take the toothbrush away. He also has the word, "No" down. He will crawl to his usual NO spots (cords, doors, toilet paper), shake his head, and say "nununu." Then he laughs and does it anyway! STINKER!
With all the stress that goes with selling a house, finding a house, moving two little boys, finishing a PHD, ending a job that you've had for six years, and some recent health scares, this verse has been repeated over and over in my head this week. I thought I would pass it on! So I hope that we all can be anxious for nothing!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4: 4-7


Peace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy for you guys and at the same time super sad! However I keep telling myself that it is awesome you are moving to DC and we will be able to see you often. Zoe has been very concerned about Ethan moving. She said it makes her sad:( Have a great time in DC!

Kate said...

I cling to that verse often too. We're praying for you guys...