Monday, August 17, 2015

Middle School

I am not sure if you have heard that military kids are extremely resilient, but boy is it true!  Ethan started his fourth school in six years.  I get anxious just thinking about it.  In fact, on Thursday I worried about him all day.  Was he making friends?  Did he eat lunch with anyone?  Did he have a classmate on the bus?  
When he got home, I asked how his day was and he replied that it was great.  He talked to one boy in his class, but they didn't have the same lunch period and he didn't know anyone on the bus.  I was ok with that.  I gave him some pointers on finding someone at lunch and on the bus, but he blew me off.  It's day three and he met a kid at lunch and a kid on the bus.  He tells me school is great and he is fine!  
He also started youth group at church.  He doesn't know anyone at church.  They had a youth function Sunday night.  About half way through, Nate went to check on him.  He was sitting on the couch by himself.  When it was over, I went to get him and he didn't want to leave.  I asked if he met anyone and he said, "Not really."  I love that he is so independent.  I love that he is confident enough to not need someone with him all the time!  I don't know how he does it!  I would be a wreck!
He has grown so much this summer, and I couldn't be more proud of him!

No comments: