Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Proud soccer mom

The fellas started soccer tonight!  They are practicing at the same time, so I ran from field to field tonight!  I will be so happy when Nate is back on Saturday and I don't have to run around like a mad woman!  
 I wasn't too worried about Ethan.  He was so excited to get out there and play!  
 His confidence was so strong tonight!  He took lots of risks that he would not have taken last go round!  He loved it and is excited to go back next week!  He even made an effort to talk to a boy on the team and learn his name.
 I spent most of my time tonight watching Link.  I knew that I would spend most of my time with him, but I thought it would be to make him focus and encourage him to keep playing.  I was WRONG!  He amazed me!  He loved it!  You can see by the look on his face that he was having a blast!
 He was focused the entire hour and played really, really well!  They played a game where he had to defend his ball.  He was hilarious!  He kept calling the kids over to try to take his ball. Then with his evil laugh, he would say, "YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!"  
He also got a chance to play goalie!  He watched each player and tried to anticipate where they were going to kick.  I am still in shock at how well he did!  I think he just needed a year to grow and mature! He is also excited to go back next week!  
Honestly, I am excited to go back and see how they do!


No comments: