Monday, March 7, 2011

It's as easy as tying your shoes!

Right after Christmas, we bought Ethan shoes that tied. We took our time and taught him step by step. Yesterday afternoon, I was quietly watching him, and he just did it! He was soooo proud of himself. It was just the push he needed to keep trying. So far, he has tied his shoes independently four times. I think he just may have the hang of it!
After a very stressful day at work today, I decided to take a long walk. I asked Ethan if he wanted to ride his bike thinking it would keep me moving at a faster pace. He asked if he could just walk with me. I told him I was going far and fast. He said he could keep up....and he did! He walked about a mile with a couple big hills today. The best part was he kept up.
He's had a few really monumental moments these past few weeks. He's reading, he tying his shoes, and he's making some really good strides in basketball.
Tonight as he was playing Wii, he said, "Everything in my life is easy!" Nate and I busted out laughing. Yes, sweetie...it is!!!

No comments: