Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Phone call

I got a phone call tonight, while the boys were in the bathtub. It was the mom of a little girl in Ethan's class. She and I exchanged numbers a while back because her little girl and Ethan were good friends. She told me that her little girl had been asking to call Ethan for three days. I told her he would call her as soon as he got out of the bathtub.
When I told him she had called, he was so excited. I gave him the phone and told him to talk to her in his room, and I would read Link his bedtime story. Link and I finished a book and I noticed he was already in Link's room. I asked him what he said to her and he said, "Nothing. I just listened to her talk!" I asked what she said and he said, "She just told me all about what she got for her birthday!" The phone call was less than three minutes. I hope she was not disappointed.
I wish I could tell her that I was just happy that he smiled when I told him to call her back. It's like pulling teeth to get him to talk to anyone! In fact, Memaw said this week that she is glad she doesn't plan her visits according to his enthusiasm on the phone!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, the phone calls are already starting?! Yikes!