Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Carving pumpkins

Nate and the boys spent the day at home today. They played and played and everyone was exhausted tonight. Nate decided we needed to do "something" together to keep the boys busy just a little longer before bedtime. We got out the pumpkin and decided to carve him up!
I wasn't sure how the boys would do with the insides, but they loved it.
It took a little longer than we expected, and Lincoln started getting restless. When Ethan gets tired, he lays around and whines. When Lincoln gets tired, he revs it up and goes bananas! He started climbing on the table, climbing under the table, and climbing on the chairs.
I picked him up and moved him to the stairs, but I didn't say a word. I didn't even tell him it was "time-out." He started squirming around.
And then had a meltdown!!!
After some hugs and kisses, the pumpkin was finished and so was the meltdown.
I think it turned out pretty good! Now I just need to get a good candle. All we had was birthday candles.

They made it!!!

No comments: