Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spoiled!


Yesterday, a guy at Nate's work asked how long he was at Wright Patt. Nate told him six years and he smiled and said, "Wow...your wife was spoiled." I know that he had multiple meanings...one being that he wasn't deployed, but the other was the hours Nate was able to work. I knew at the time how spoiled I was, but everyday we are here I come to realize it more and more. Don't get me wrong...I am still SPOILED! I have a husband that really tries as hard as he can to get home as soon as he can. Today, daycare called and Linky was sick. Nate immediately said he would come and pick him up. Here's where the pain of living here comes into play. Each morning we rush out the door at 6:55 as a family. We drop Nate off at the bus stop where he takes his 40 minute bus ride to work. I drop the kids off at Daycare and drive my 40 minutes to work. (this morning it was 55 minutes---it's so unpredictable). When daycare called I knew it would take 40-60 minutes for Nate to get home and get him. SO---I had to go to his work, pick him up, drive him home, and then he was able to pick them up. Nothing is easy here!!! We are adjusting everyday. It is getting better. I actually started seeing kids this week. Nate is slowing starting to do real work. Ethan and Lincoln are much happier at school. Even Hunter has stopped peeing on the floor! (he's still in the crate during the day) :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That's so funny! I'm glad you checked it out! Hope all is well.