Tuesday, September 2, 2008

August comes to an end!

This weekend we decided to take it EASY! I read TWO books. I saw Stephanie Meyers talking on a talk show while Marilyn was here and she told me that some of her friends read her Twilight series and loved them. I started them last weekend and they have CONSUMED my life! I am dreaming about them. I hesitate to recommend them because I am sure they will do the same to you. I am on the last one and I noticed that I have been reading it a lot slower. I think it's because I don't want them to end.
We went to Old Town Alexandria's Farmer's Market on Saturday. This was the MACK DADDY of Farmer's markets. We bought eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, corn, and GORGEOUS flowers. The eggplant was heavenly (eggplant parmesan).

That night we took Ethan to the train mall. He has been asking about it for two weeks now. Notice only three of the family went on the train. It cost EIGHT dollars for the three of them to ride the thing. We could of all rode round trip on the metro into DC cheaper than that! BUT----Ethan loved it.
Afterwards, Nate stopped in Bubbles Salon :) There was a HUGE open area right outside the salon and I thought, "Heck, how long could this take? I'll let the kids run around while he gets his hair cut." Apparently the lady cut each hair individually. It took forever and it one of the worst haircuts he has had. (poor thing) Anyway, while we were waiting, this OLD lady came up to me and said, "Hey, are those your kids running around loose?" I answered, "Why yes they are." (I didn't think they needed to be on a leash) She tells me that I better get them because somebody may want them. I had to take a picture of this to show you that no one was gonna take my kids because they may want them.



Besides doesn't she know that my boys are Policemen!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So now I have a new series to begin reading. I was the same way with the Diana Galbadon series. I dreamt about Jamie Fraiser all the time:) You are so blessed to have a farmer's market. I miss the one in NC! Awesome Marilyn was in town. Wish it could have been us. We will havev to plan a trip once the dog is fully house trained. I do not think Tony's mom will appreciate a partially trained dog (if there is such a thing) at her house. Miss you all!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that you guys are here! Let me know a good weekend, and we can get together ... only a little ways down the "slug line" to Quantico. Talk to you soon!

Jen