Sunday, January 8, 2012

Basketball

The boys had their first basketball games yesterday.  Ethan was so excited.  His game was at 1:15 and he wanted to put his uniform on at 8:00!  Lincoln was not excited about the game at all!  To our surprise, Lincoln loved it!
 As you can see, he was the smallest by a LOT.  His skills were seriously lacking....but he loved it!  When the game was over, Nate went up to the coach and in a very serious face said, "I need to know why my son didn't start!"  It was hilarious.  The coach was taken aback at first and then saw us laughing! 
 Ethan's team was a little more aggressive than we were expecting.  It was the opposite of soccer.  The parents were super laid back here, but the kids were out for blood! 
 The floors are carpet and Ethan fell and started crying.  The way he was crying you would have thought he had blown a knee.  Come to find out it was just a rug burn.   In his defense, I saw more kids crying than ever before.  If it wasn't rug burns, it was someone took the ball from me.  I just hope that they chill out by next game! 
I love that they pray before the game.  Maybe next week they will pray to just have a good time!  I didn't get video of Ethan playing this week.  I did get some awesome video of Lincoln bringing the ball down, Lincoln passing the ball in, and Lincoln trying to be the assistant coach.  Click on the underlined words to see the video.

No comments: